Stormy Weather

Billie Holiday – Stormy Weather Lyrics

Don’t know why there’s no sun up in the sky
Stormy weather
Since my man and I ain’t together,
Keeps rainin’ all the timeLife is bare, gloom and mis’ry everywhere
Stormy weather
Just can’t get my poorself together,
I’m weary all the time
So weary all the time
When he went away the blues walked in and met me.
If he stays away old rockin’ chair will get me.

All I do is pray the Lord above will let me walk in the sun once more.
Can’t go on, ev’ry thing I had is gone
Stormy weather

Since my man and I ain’t together,
Keeps rainin’ all the time

Songwriters: BELL, DAVID A
Stormy Weather lyrics © EMI Music Publishing, S.A. MUSIC, BUG MUSIC

DON’T WORRY!  Tom and I are still HAPPILY together. I’m just sharing this amazing song, by the great Billie Holiday to go along with a photography challenge about stormy weather. Such feeling and emotion! The Lady Sings the Blues!
I recently got home from a week at the beach and we had beautiful weather while we were there. On the drive down I was afraid that wasn’t going to be the case as we arrived to find thunderclouds and rain. This month, as part of A Personal Photo Challenge hosted by Donna, we were challenged to take some pictures that showed stormy, cloudy, or rainy days.  They can be very dramatic and quite thrilling. I searched through my older photos and discovered I don’t take pictures on stormy days! What a shame! These three shots I took on my iphone while driving and you can see a little glare from the window. I know, I know!  This is not a good idea but there were no other cars around so at least I wasn’t putting someone else’s life in danger.  I edited them by lowering the highlights and raising the contrast and was pretty pleased with the results. I will also be using these photos for my #clickaday entry at Click it Up a Notch.
IMG_3568 IMG_3569 IMG_3571
So happy you dropped by!

10 comments

1. Donna M. says:

Haha, you got it done with the iPhone, so no worries! I did my challenge photos this month with an iPhone too. Love the contrast and gloominess of these landscapes. See, now you need to start paying attention to storm scenes and capturing them! Photography isn’t just a fair weather kind of activity.

Thanks for join in up this month, Jeanette. No problem with being a bit late. I got you linked up on the challenge post!
    Donna M. recently posted…A Personal Photo Challenge – Stormy WeatherMy Profile

• jjart66 says:

Thanks for adding me Donna. I’m definitely going to be paying attention to those cloudy skies from now on! The best thing about the iphone is a ALWAYS have it handy. They can actually take some pretty good pics, too. As usual, I loved this challenge and thank you so much for hosting it!
      jjart66 recently posted…Stormy WeatherMy Profile

• jjart66 says:

Thank you, Sarah. My pictures seemed to go well with your post about grief. It made me realize how fortunate I am to have both of my parents (82 and 88 years old). You can also grieve for a parent who’s still alive, as my mother has dementia. They call it the slow goodbye. Your words were beautiful.

2. Shane says:

Hello Jeanette

Clever of you to start with Billy Holiday singing ‘Stprmy Weather – sets the mood beautifully!

Your stormy cloud pics are great – and taken with your phone too!
    Since I started blogging I’ve become much more aware of my surroundings – now I take my camera everywhere!

Thank you for your comment on my blog, lovely to meet you Jeanette!

Shane

• jjart66 says:

Thank you, Shane. I’m a music lover (all kinds) so when I heard the title of this months challenge that song kept plying in my mind. I had to include it! I’m enjoying the Photography Challenge for many reasons but especially for meeting new people and finding great new blogs. It’s lovely to meet you, too.

• jjart66 says:

Hi Lorrie! Thanks for stopping by and the compliment. I read your article about the email replies and I’m afraid I have no idea how any of the behind the scenes blogging stuff works. If there’s a glitch it’s probably something with Blogger since your other comments did show. I’m replying here on my blog but I’m hoping that people get this reply from their email (so you know I did reply without having to check back). Would you care to just shoot back a “yes” if this comes to you via email? The technical part is such a challenge for me. Ugh! Thank you again!